This is what a lot of people miss on how to run Age of Conan
effectively. Here's how to fix it. its most likely not the game....
1) Update your graphic card drivers to the newest version (Do not use Beta drivers)
2) Update your DirectX 9.0 too the newest 9.0 March "08" update. Even if you think you have the newest directX on your system. Microsoft will tell you if you need an update when you download the 08 update. Don't be a fool, go to microsoft and check your DirectX today.
3) Goto your control panel on your computer and look for your graphic card settings. Set them all on "Let the 3D application too decide" setting.
4) Very important - Your motherboard must have the newest bios flash/update! How do you know? Or how can u check? Read the model number off your motherboard. Go to your motherboards makers website. Look up drivers and bios updates. Keep in mind a driver is not a bios flash. They are 2 totally different things.
5) Check for new motherboard drivers from rules 4
6) In Age of Conan game. Change and set everything on low then work your way up. That way Age of Conan will at least run on Low settings and you can experiment and see what is effecting your computer/graphics card problems.
If none of the above work
6) Upgrade your graphics card drivers to the Beta Version (If available)
7) Change all your graphics cards settings (in the computer not AoC) too performance settings.
8) Go into your computers Bios settings (look on the web) And make sure your Ram/Chip/Graphics cards are all set on the correct settings. (DO NOT, change anything your unsure of you could damage your system)
9) Download a program called Trojan Remover (free for 30 days)
Download a virus remover call Avira its free.
Download a spyware remover called Ad-Ware 2008 its free as well.
following is meant to help fix a lot of
the AoC issues:
Getting rig of LAG. Gain more
speed and bandwidth Turn off your QoS (quality of service) in
your internet settings. Quality of Service (QOS) by default reserves
20% of your bandwidth. Superficially this sounds like you lose 20%
of your bandwidth when QOS is enabled. QOS has been designed to
ensure that certain programs that need a particular amount of
bandwidth can reserve it. If these bandwidth-demanding programs are
not running, then QOS is not going to kick in and reserve this
space. So relax! If this type of program is running, then you want
to be able to give it all the bandwidth it needs. Too turn it off
Hope this Helps.
Age of Conan Guides
Explanation of the various Features in Age of Conan
Quick AoC Fixes and Improvements on how to run the Game Better
Age of Conan Demonologist Gameplay FAQ
Demonologist Skills to Get
AoC Demonologist Class Guide
Bear Shaman's Totems, Feats, Manifestations, and Aspects References
AoC Bear Shaman Feat Build Guide
Age of Conan Dark Templar Guide
Age of Conan Guide on how to Deal With PvP Gankers
Tortage 1-20 Age of Conan Guide
AOC Summary Map of all the Group-Instances
Age of Conan Dungeon List
AoC End Game Dungeon loot/Gear
©2008 - AOCDungeon.com